Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thirty Days Of Thankfulness - Day Seven




I've set a goal for myself for the month of November.  I want to focus on everything I have that I should be thankful for.  I don't focus on this enough.  I think about the things I don't have that I wish I did, or the things that I do have that I regret.  Therefore, every day I am going to think about everything I have that I should be thankful for.  I'm going to reflect on everything I'm thankful for, and help others in my family do the same.

Day Seven

I'm thankful that Obama was elected President for a second term.  My cousin said it best when she said:

My per-existing conditions, my student loans, and my rights with my future spouse are all going to be able to sleep tonight.

I think health care is one of the biggest things for me.   I will never forget the struggles we went through with Grace before she was diagnosed with cough variant asthma.  The doctor was hesitant to diagnose her with a form of asthma because she would then be labeled with a pre-existing, and she did not want to jeopardize her future coverage.  No child should have to worry about health care, and no parent should have to worry about whether or not their child will be covered because of an illness or disease they have no control over.  I think President Obama gets this, and that's why I'm thankful he was elected for a second term.

No comments:

Post a Comment