Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dancing Spiders!

Grace's asthma has been a little crazy, so we've had to come up with lots of indoor activities to keep us busy. I got the idea for these little guys from Pinterest (of course).   I hit the local Walmart to load up on supplies.  Here's what we needed:
  • Styrofoam cups
  • paint
  • googly eyes
  • pipe cleaners

Step one, the girls painted their cups. 


Abby worked so hard on her paint it ended up in her hair.

We let the base coat of paint dry and then returned to the table to decorate. We added faces, shapes, etc.

After the decorations dried we added eyes and pipe cleaner legs.

The finished spiders.

Here's what I hate, as soon as the girls aren't looking I throw away whatever they've made.  I feel guilty, but I get tired of it laying around the house.  This time I decided they worked too hard on those spiders to just chuck them out to the garbage, so I found some yarn and tied them to the kitchen light.  Now our spiders dance above our heads while we're at the table and the girls feel like they've contributed to the Halloween decorating.  In the top right of the doorway you can see they've also added ghosts.
If you have any spooky Halloween ideas that your kids of have helped you with, I would love to hear about them.  We are always looking for new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment