Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday "Activities"

It's my final Friday at home on maternity leave.  This makes me very sad.  My leave has flown by.  I feel like I blinked and it was gone.  We've been trying to make the most of this last week, but today we stayed home and did "activities" (that's what the girls like to call them) at home.  Not many, but some.  My goal for the day was to keep them doing activities so I could finish the challenge of better organizing my kitchen and pantry.  I didn't get very far.  It was one of those days for Emma where she did not want to be put down, so I held her.  I have no problems with this.  This is the last time in my life one of my babies will want to sleep on my chest all day, so we curl up in the recliner and she sleeps.  End of story.  In between her naps, here is a glimpse of what the big girls and I did today.

Over the last weekend I made a birthday cake for my Grandma.  I had a lot of buttercream icing leftover, so I saved it.  I knew decorating cookies with that icing would be the perfect "activity" for my girls.  I bought a package of break and bake sugar cookies (this goes against everything I am and stand for, cookies should be home made but I wasn't feeling it today) popped them in the oven and then gave them to the girls.  They were in heaven.  At the end they were asking for more cookies. 











I was told this cookie was especially for Daddy.

Good luck eating it Daddy.  You may be in a diabetic comma before you finish.


Their finished product.  I would like to point out that not a single cookie was eaten.  This is normal for my girls.  I will end up sneaking them into the trash one at a time.


I'm still working on my bathroom remodel, so I invitied my parents over for dinner.  This happens when I need my Dad's assistance.  Tonight I needed him to remove the light fixture so I could give it a makeover.  Before dinner I caught him in the recliner with the girls.  This is very common, except everyone fights over the coveted sleeping spot on his lap.  Since Emma is the smallest she wins.  Abby hadn't seen my Dad for four days (this is a long time for my girls) and she really missed him.  It was hard to get much space between the two of them today.


At the end of the day the girls are usually all in my bed.  Tonight, Grace decided to play in her room alone so Abby got to spend some one-on-one time with Emma without her big sister pushing her out of the way.  Emma just watched her with awe and gave her lots of smiles.  Abby ate it up.


I love dressing Emma in outfits that her older sisters wore.  This pink sleeper has been worn by all three girls.  It's fun to put the pictures in front of Darren to see if he can guess which girl it is!


Night all!  I've got a busy day of shopping ahead of me tomorrow.  I can't let this tax free weekend get away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment