Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Hubby

Tis the season.  In our family, that means birthday season.  September 1 starts off with my Dad's birthday.  Next up Darren.  Then me.  Then Abby.  And so on and so on.  Throw in a couple of holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and pretty much every weekend from now until the end of the year is full for us.  The girls were very excited for Darren's birthday.  For days leading up to it they kept telling him they were going to throw him a surprise party.  You can imagine his excitement.


Signing of the card.


 
You only see one small gift bag in this picture but we really did give him a couple gifts.

 
 Grace "painted" her face with markers, and they put a workout head band on Emma, otherwise, this would have been a great picture!  As it is, I'm surprised that I got all four of them looking at the camera.
 
 
 Darren's favorite.  Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and Reese's Peanut Butter cups on top.  Thanks to my friend Julie for this awesome frosting recipe.  The cake is not elaborate, but it was dang good!
 
 I was four candles short of having enough for Darren's cake, so we went with 10 candles.  Everyone got a turn to spit blow out the candles on the cake.  Except Emma.  She hasn't got that one down yet.
 
 Do you see the look on his face?  Are you really going to take my picture while I'm trying to eat my cake?  Why yes dear, I am.
 
 Notice I have total control of the camera and you will not see any pictures of me shoveling in that super delicious cake.

 
Happy Birthday Big Papa!  Hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment