Sunday, September 30, 2012

Minnie Mouse Party Take 3

Every year Abby has had a Minnie Mouse birthday party.  It's kind of becoming a challenge because I only have so many Minnie ideas.  Thank goodness for Pinterest.  I tried really hard to convince her to have a red Minnie birthday, but she insisted on another pink one.  So, here we go. 

We have a fascination with pinatas.  Grace's job was to fill the pinata.  She danced the whole time she did it.  It was pretty cute.

 
Grace also decided she was going to help bake Abby's cake.

 
The first layer of the chocolate cake didn't go so well.  I dropped it.  Darren came in just in time to say, let me take a picture of that for your blog.  Thanks for that one.

 
This was Emma helping get ready for the party.

 
One of the girls favorite "snacks" are black olives stuffed with cashews.  So during breakfast I was busy stuffing olives.

 
 
When out of the corner of my eye comes this little hand. . . . . . .

 
And faster than I could say don't eat that, it's in her mouth.

 
Darren and I sent the girls outside to play so we could finish up in the kitchen.  I looked out to check on them and Grace was being her typical self and pushing Abby on the swing.  She's really good at being a big sister.

 
I made everyone these really cute outfits to wear for the party, but it was too hot to wear them.  Fortunately, Minnie t-shirts are a dime a dozen around here so we had appropriate attire, but it wasn't as cute as what I had intended.


 
Minnie picture stop.

 
The bounce house.  Always a hit.


 
Pulling of the pinata strings.


 
Gift time.



 
Then she was ready for cake.  This was not my best cake.  Last year's Minnie cake was much better.  When things don't turn out the way I like them to I always say, oh well at least it was made with love.  Even though I was pretty critical of the turn out, Abby loved it.  That's all that matters.




 
Darren in the middle of installing battery's and helping to assemble toys.


 
Singing with her new Minnie microphone.



 
Today was a great day.  The weather was beautiful.  The food was good.  All Abby's family was able to make it.  We had a fabulous day.  We are so blessed to have such a great family.


No comments:

Post a Comment