Saturday, September 1, 2012

70th Birthday Fun

Back in May my family started planning a surprise birthday party for my Aunt Pat.  Anyone that knows my family knows we love a good party, and Aunt Pat turning 70 was the perfect excuse to throw one.  So, out went the invites.  Don't you love them?  I whipped those up at Shutterfly and was so happy with how they turned out.

 
 
The location for the party was Armour Loft.  I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a place to have a small wedding or a larger than your house can hold party.  The loft has a lot of character, and was absolutely perfect for our party.  You can even put a special message on the
marquee out front!
 
 
 
The color theme for the party was robin's egg blue, green, and chocolate brown.  Knowing Aunt Pat loves birdhouses my Mom started collecting them as they cropped up on sale along with lots of greenery, birds, and candles.
 
Sierra's Cakes did the cake for this soiree.  We surprisingly had some left over!
 
 
Each table had a different centerpiece.  I somehow missed getting a picture of each of them, but you get the idea.

 

 
Pat's big arrival!


 
SURPRISE


 
Pat and her oldest grandchild, Kylie.


 
 My Mom and her sister Susan.

 
Pat's oldest grandson loads up the cake with candles.

 
 She was able to blow them all out without a fire extinguisher!






Pat and her sisters.
 
Pat and her grand kids.
 
Pat and her family.

 

 
Everyone had a great time partying it up for Aunt Pat's 70th.  My girls got to stay up later than normal and had a blast playing with all their cousins.  Maybe these were thank you kisses because they had such a good time?
 




No comments:

Post a Comment