Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Reflections

I may be another year older, but I have had such a wonderful year that I don't view it as a bad thing.  I must have really celebrated my 32 birthday because that's about the time I got pregnant with Baby Emma.  Here are some other highlights that made my 32nd year so fabulous:

  • Abby turned 2.  My charming middle daughter.  She who is most like me.  Let's hope those terrible two's are about to come to an end.
  • Last Halloween was the first year both of my girls walked through the neighborhood trick-or-treating.  Minnie Mouse and Cinderella had such a good time.  Abby was a trouper.  Wouldn't ride in the stroller or let anyone carry her.
  • My Aunt married a wonderful man who brings her such happiness, and adds another great personality to our family.
  • In November we had so much to be thankful for.  God had already given us two beautiful healthy girls and our third baby was on the way.  
  • Grace turned 4.  Wow.  Didn't seem possible.  It felt like I had just brought her home from the hospital not long before.
  • Another Christmas came and went.  I love Christmas.  It's my absolute favorite time of the year.
  • We found out we were having our third girl.  We were both so excited.  My Dad on the other hand was a little disappointed.  I remember him saying, "are they sure" after the sonogram results.
  • In preparation for our third baby we moved Grace into the spare room and gave her a "big girl room".
  •  I experienced labor for the first time with our third child.  So thankful I had c-sections.
  • I was able to stay home on maternity leave for most of the summer.  I treasure the memories I have from the summer.
  • Grace and I got Abby potty trained.
  • Emma was baptized.
My 32nd year was a great year.  I have a wonderful husband, happy healthy beautiful girls, and a loving extended family.  Even though I'm another year older, I'm sure my 33rd year will be as fantastic as the last.  God has truly blessed me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment